Age Group:Adults , Family , New Adults
Need help filling out the SAFHR (State Assistance for Housing Relief) form? We will have people on hand to help. Note that Catholic Charities will also have an event on Tuesday, Jan. 11 at their location on Edmonds Street with more information here.
Applicants must have the following items:
- MUST INCLUDE – Date Lease Started, Rent Amount, Your Name & Address, Landlords Name & Address, Rent Due Date, Terms of Lease, MUST be Signed by You AND Landlord – current amount owed
- State Photo ID – Does not need to be a Driver’s License, but must have Photo.
- Household Members – Name, Age, Last 4 of Social Security Number for each member
Caseworkers will be on hand during these “Eviction Help” events to assist renters as they fill out State Assistance for Housing Relief (SAFHR) forms. The SAFHR program provides rent and utility assistance for eligible Missouri residents affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
SAFHR covers up to 12 months (total) of rent and utility bills (gas, electric, water, sewer and trash). Money is paid directly to the landlord or utility company.
More information about the program is available at https://www.mohousingresources.com/safhr.
If you cannot make it, contact one of these agencies for assistance:
- Common Ground (573) 522-4314
- CCCNMO (Catholic Charities) (573) 635-7719
- CMCA (573) 635-4480
- MRRL Library (573) 634-2464
- Salvation Army (573) 590-4460
If you would like to apply on your own, please go to safhr.smapply.org/