Digital Learning Resources from the Library
We wanted to be sure that our schools and parents know about the resources that we have available for digital learning during this unprecedented time. We know many teachers and students are having to adopt virtual education measures, and we have some unique resources that can help with that...for free! We also ask that you forward this on to any other teachers or parents that could utilize these resources.
We plan to host virtual story times and other programming on our website and/or social media channels. Once we have that information, we will share it on our Facebook page, website, and email newsletter.
Cole and Osage County residents: Sign up for a free library card at https://www.mrrl.org/services/get-library-card. Your library card number will be emailed to you so you can start accessing resources right away!
eBooks and eAudiobooks (including read aloud options for young readers) are available on your devices at https://www.mrrl.org/databases?field_db_type_target_id%5B164%5D=164.
Educational resources and databases at https://www.mrrl.org/databases.
- Academic Search Elite: Provides multidisciplinary peer-reviewed and full-text academic journals supporting scholarly research with comprehensive coverage in key areas of academic study.
- Access Word News: Find information on global issues and events, business, health, international issues, education, jobs and careers, politics and government, social issues, STEM and more including newspapers, videos and web-only content featuring the Jefferson City News Tribune, USA Today, international sources and more.
- America’s News NewsBank: Includes printed and online newspapers, blogs, journals, newswires, broadcast transcripts and videos. Explore a specific issue or event through the detailed coverage provided by local reporting or compare a wide variety of viewpoints from across the country on topics such as politics, business, health, sports, cultural activities and people.
- Consumer Health Complete: Provides information directed towards the needs of the patients, and to help the understanding of health-related topics.
- Explora Grades K-5, 6-8, 9-12: Graphically rich and provides access to age-appropriate materials. Includes topic overviews that provide students with a starting point for research.
- Learning Express Library: Comprised of comprehensive selection of interactive online tutorials, practice tests, articles, e-Books, and high-stakes test preparation - modeled after official tests.
- Lynda.com: Get access to thousands of courses to learn software, creative, and business skills to achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Middle Search Plus: Full-text database providing popular middle school magazines and reference books. Covering subjects such as history, current events, science and sports.
- Pronunciator: Offers the largest ESL curriculum, with courses taught in 51 non-English languages, plus citizenship prep.
- Science Reference Center: A full-text database that covers earth science, life science, technology, health and other popular topics discussed by today's science researchers.
- OCLC: Service connecting you to information in a wide range of subjects in 11 databases.