Finding Your Favorite Author or Topic at the Library
Never miss your favorite author’s new book again! Did you know you can get an email alert when they have just published a book? Or maybe you want to be notified when the newest book on your favorite topic comes in – say crafts, cookbooks, or American History. With an email address you can receive these timely notifications. The new catalog calls these alerts “Saved Searches.” Our MRRL staff is happy to set this up for you. Just ask for help at the Information Desk or call us and ask for the Information Desk.
1. Log in to My Library Account.
2. Click on the "Search Catalog" icon.
3. Search for your favorite author, subject, title, etc. or create an advanced keyword search including limits to material type, language, publication year, etc.
4. When your results are displayed, click on the label "Save search" (on the far right).
5. Give your Saved Search a name (eg. Colleen Hoover).
6. Click on Save Search again.
7. Make sure we have your current email address.
Perhaps you want to just see all the new books or DVDs that have been added to the collection. You can find our New Materials by clicking on the drop-down menu from the Library’s main page labeled Explore and then click on New Materials. You will see that there are of variety of great materials subdivided by age, format, and genre.