2023 National Library Week
2023 National Library Week
Missouri River Regional Library will join with libraries across the nation in celebrating National Library Week April 23-29, 2023. This is the 65th year that libraries have celebrated NLW.
“This year, National Library Week is an especially fun celebration, as we showcase the new plans for Missouri River Regional Library in Cole County,” says Claudia Young, Director. “We hope that members of the community will stop by the main building in Jefferson City to learn more about what is coming. National Library Week always gives us a chance to highlight the impact of public libraries in our community, and we are excited to continue that this year.”
- All week long at both locations:
- Throughout National Library Week, patrons may use canned food to pay off overdue fines. One can = $1 in fines. All food collected in Cole County will be donated to the Samaritan Center, and food collected in Osage County will be donated to the Good Shepherd Food Pantry.
- Library patrons can replace lost library cards for free.
- Osage County
- Monday, April 24th Popcorn for Patrons Pop into the Osage County Branch for some popcorn to celebrate National Library Week from 12-6pm.
- Saturday, April 29th Patron Appreciation Day Come out to the Osage County Branch from 11am-1pm for Patron Appreciation Day: a day where we celebrate you!! Each patron will be given a hot dog, bag of chips, and a drink to enjoy. Yard games will be set up for younger patrons to play.
- Cole County
- Monday, April 24th-Saturday April 29th Kids’ Art: My Library If you built a library, what would the children's area look like? Drop in any time during the week to create a My Library drawing to display in the Youth Services department. Monday, April 24th Donuts with the Director Director Claudia will be sharing MRRL's exciting expansion design plans while serving donuts and coffee on the Main Floor. You won't want to miss it!
- Tuesday, April 25th Library Ambassador of the Year Ceremony We will honor this year’s Library Ambassador of the Year, Former Mayor Carrie Tergin, with a ceremony at 10:00am.
- Wednesday, April 26th National Outreach Day Join us at the tree in front of the library for a special outdoor story time at 10:30am to celebrate the bookmobile on National Library Outreach Day. The library's bookmobile will be parked and available to visit until 11:30am. The Bookmobile will also be making a community stop at the Capital Mall from 12-1:30pm.
- Saturday, April 29th Patron Appreciation Day Please join us in the park as MRRL appreciates our patrons in a BIG way with a free hotdog lunch, BIG games, and music by Those Guys in the MRRL Park from 11am-1pm!