Looking for volunteer opportunities in Jefferson City? Here’s your starting point. Included here are opportunities available at MRRL and other organizations around town. Know of a good volunteer opportunity or work for an organization that needs volunteers? Contact Courtney at email@example.com to get your group added to the portal.
- Reading Buddies (runs through June and July). Applications available now in the Teen Zone and Children’s Department. Help struggling readers keep up their reading skills while school is out. Get volunteer hours, a letter of recommendation and a free t-shirt for participating! For more information, contact Angie Bayne: firstname.lastname@example.org
* All volunteers at MRRL must fill out an application to volunteer. Ongoing positions are limited and will be filled by the best qualified volunteers. To obtain a volunteer application, drop by the library or contact Elizabeth Beach, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com or 634-6064 ext. 261.
- Missouri State Archives. A variety of volunteer opportunities are available year-round. Check out their website for more details.
- Wolfner Library for the Blind. Wolfner needs volunteers to help make recordings of printed books for visually-impaired patrons. Check out their website for more details.
- Citizens Corps of Jefferson City. This site lists volunteer opportunities for a wide variety of organizations including the Boy Scouts, YMCA, Jefferson City Day Care Center, Jefferson City Rape and Abuse Crisis Center, Samaritan Center and the Special Learning Center.
- Capital Region Medical Center. Capital Region operates a summer Teen Volunteer Program. Training is provided for all volunteers.
- Special Olympics of Missouri. A wide variety of seasonal and ongoing opportunities are available.
- Missouri State Parks. The Youth Volunteer Patch Program has opportunities for groups or individuals who are interested in assisting with various projects at parks and historical sites around the state.
- Missouri Stream Team. Create a team or join an existing one. Cleaning up streams and monitoring water quality are just a couple of the volunteer opportunities they offer.
- River City Habitat for Humanity If you’re 16 and over, you can help out on a construction site. Other opportunities are also available.
- Heisinger Bluffs Nursing Home. Teen volunteers are welcome and are matched up with volunteer tasks that match their interests and abilities.