Missouri River Regional Library meeting rooms will be available free of charge during normal library operating hours to nonprofit community groups and organizations sponsoring meetings and programs open to the public. Private family social events are prohibited. Meetings of any group or organization that is soliciting business, trying to make a profit, or fundraising are also prohibited. Library programs and activities have first priority for use of meeting rooms.
Room reservations may be made by completing a Meeting Room Application and emailing it to email@example.com, faxing it to 573-634-7028 or mailing it to Missouri River Regional Library, Meeting Room Application, P.O. Box 89, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0089. For questions call 573-634-6064 ext. 263.
Meeting Room Regulations
- A meeting room application must be filled out completely and on file prior to first use of room. Reservations may be made by telephone; however an application still needs to be completed and on file with the Library. The individual initiating the request will be considered the official representative of the group and will assume responsibility for communicating meeting room regulations to the group. Such individual must be at least 18 years of age.
- A $25 deposit is required for all meeting room use. It will be returned if the meeting room is left in good condition. Groups scheduling for multiple dates will be allowed to maintain a deposit on file.
- To provide an opportunity for all groups to use MRRL’s meeting spaces; groups are permitted to use rooms no more than once per month for regularly scheduled meetings.
- Meeting rooms may be scheduled for the current year. Scheduling for the following year will open on December 1st.
- Meetings and programs must be free and open to the public, except meetings legitimately closed per state statue. No charges, fees, collections or solicitations are allowed on Library property.
- The Library reserves the right to approve or disapprove any application at the Library Director’s discretion and limit the use of the rooms.
- Groups are responsible for their own room arrangement. Tables and chairs can be found in the rear storage area of the Art Gallery/Multipurpose Room. The Library has a limited number of tables in the meeting rooms. Please consider this when setting up.
- Groups are responsible for clean-up and must return all furniture to the rear storage area when their meeting ends. If a violation occurs the group will no longer be permitted to use the room and the group’s deposit will be forfeited.
- Meetings must be over in sufficient time to clean-up and vacate the building by closing time. No meetings, set-up, or clean-up may begin before or extend after regular library hours.
- The Library will provide no audio/visual equipment to outside groups. The only exception is groups may use the projector screen located in the Art Gallery/Multipurpose Room.
- Groups may use their own audio/visual equipment in the meeting rooms and are responsible for their own technical support, extension cords, etc.
- The official representative of the group will be responsible for the orderly conduct of the group and for any damages to library property or equipment. Everyone using the meeting rooms shall adhere to the Library’s Patron Code of Conduct policy and procedures.
- The Library’s multipurpose room serves at the MRRL Art Gallery. Under no circumstances shall anyone attending a meeting in said room touch or attempt to move any of the art on display. Any loss or damage to an exhibit which occurs during a meeting shall be the financial responsibility of the organization and/or the individual reserving the room.
- A telephone for use by the public is not available in the meeting rooms. Library staff will not accept telephone messages for persons attending meeting room functions. A pay phone is located on the main floor.
- Tobacco use is not permitted in the Library or on its grounds.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be served. All food and drink must be kept in the meeting room. Groups must provide all supplies and service pieces. The group must request kitchen facilities when scheduling the room. The kitchen must be cleaned and left in the same condition as found.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for any materials or items left on the premises.
- Use of the Library’s meeting rooms does not constitute endorsement by the Library of points of view expressed by the group. No advertisement or announcement implying such endorsement or sponsorship will be permitted, including use of Library’s name or Logo.
- In the event of an emergency, the Library Director reserves the right to cancel meeting room reservations. In the event of severe weather conditions, a group representative will be responsible for listening to local radio stations or checking the library’s website for closing announcements. Groups will not be notified of Library closings due to weather.
- If a meeting is cancelled, please notify the Library as soon as possible.
- Missouri River Regional Library is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications will be provided upon prior request.
Updated August 9, 2011