Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library
Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by Chris Grabenstein
Twelve-year-old Kyle gets to stay overnight in the new town library, designed by his hero (the famous gamemaker Luigi Lemoncello), with other students but finds that come morning he must work with friends to solve puzzles in order to escape.
Book Worms Discussion Date: November 20, 2014
- What is the essay contest for? Who are the twelve winners?
- Why do you think Kyle was chosen as a winner?
- What does Kyle do with his winnings?
- What is on the library cards?
- What are some of the unusual things about the library?
- What is the new challenge?
- Why is Haley so determined to win the challenge?
- What clues are Charles’s team trying to solve?
- What clues are Kyle’s team trying to solve?
- Do both the teams play fair? What happens?
- What are some of the Lemoncello games mentioned in the book?
- How many book references did you find while reading this book?
Books like Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library
Magic by the book by Nina Bernstein
Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman
House of secrets by Chris Columbus
The eye in the graveyard by Michael Dahl
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
The island of Dr. Libris by Chris Grabenstein
The spotted dog last seen by Jessica Scott Kerrin
Alcatraz versus the Scrivener’s Bones by Brandon Sanderson
The Romeo and Juliet code by Phoebe Stone
My life as a book by Janet Tashjian
The mummy’s curse by Penny Warner
The forbidden library by Django Wexler