- Teen Zone
- Teen Programming
- Teen Summer Reading Club
- Award Lists
- Homework Help
- Health and Well-being
- Reading Rants
- Volunteer Portal
- Services and Opportunities
- Book Recommendations
- Computer Center
- Meeting Rooms
- Art Gallery
- Drop Boxes
- Display Areas
- Genealogy and Missouri Information
- Local History
- About MRRL
- Online Services
Young Fredle by Cynthia Voigt
Fredle, a young mouse cast out of his home, faces dangers and predators outside, makes some important discoveries and allies, and learns the meaning of freedom as he struggles to return home.
- Why does Fredle get went? What is went?
- What does Fredle experience outside for the first time?
- What friends does Fredle make on the outside? How do his friends help him?
- Who do you think Fredle would continue to be friends with after the story ends?
- How does Fredle stay safe outside? How much of Fredle’s survival is due to his own instincts and how much is due to help from friends?
- What dangers does Fredle face? How does he overcome them?
- What does Fredle learn that changes his opinion of outside? of the cellar?
- What happens when Fredle returns to the pantry?
- How do his family members react upon his return?
- What does Fredle ultimately decide to do?
If you liked Young Fredle, you might also like:
Bless this mouse by Lois Lowry
The Cheshire Cheese cat : a Dickens of a tale by Carmen Agra Deedy & Randall Wright
Mousenet by Prudence Breitrose
Secrets at sea by Richard Peck
The tale of Despereaux : being the story of a mouse, a princess, some soup, and a spool of thread by Kate DiCamillo
Tumtum & Nutmeg : adventures beyond Nutmouse Hall by Emily Bearn
Geronimo Stilton series