- Teen Zone
- Teen Programming
- Award Lists
- Homework Help
- Health and Well-being
- Reading Rants
- Volunteer Portal
- Services and Opportunities
- Book Recommendations
- Computer Center
- Meeting Rooms
- Art Gallery
- Drop Boxes
- Display Areas
- Genealogy and Missouri Information
- Local History
- About MRRL
- Online Services
The Indian in the Cupboard
Submitted by Children on Thu, 10/18/2012 - 14:10
The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks
A nine-year-old boy receives a plastic Indian, a cupboard, and a little key for his birthday and finds himself involved in adventure when the Indian comes to life in the cupboard and befriends him.
- Why is Omri disappointed with Patrick's gift?
- Why doesn't Omri call his family when he discovers the Indian is alive?
- Why does Omri do almost everything Little Bear wants? Why does Omri sometimes wonder if he's right to give Little Bear certain things?
- Why does Omri agree to show the Indian to Patrick?
- Why is Omri so sure that Patrick has put a plastic figure in the cupboard while he is in the kitchen?
- How does Omri show he is more responsible about the little men than Patrick?
- What do you think about the idea of Omri taking Little Bear and Boone to school?
- Why is Omri surprised that Boone and Little Bear Want to go back to their own worlds?
- Do you think Omri and Patrick are right to send Little Bear and Boone back to their own time?
If you liked The Indian in the Cupboard, you might like:
Crows and Cards by Joseph Helgerson
Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell
Moccasin Trail by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
Adaline Falling Star by Mary Pope Osborne
Birchbark House by Louise Erdrich
Ghost Canoe by Will Hobbs
Journal of Jesse Smoke: A Cherokee Boy by Joseph Bruchac
Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
Meet Kaya: An American Girl by Janet Beeler Shaw
Morning Girl by Michael Dorris
Paddle-to-the-Sea by Hollings Clancy Hollings
Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
Soft Rain: A Story of the Cherokee Trail of Tears by Cornelia Cornelissen
Year of Miss Agnes by Kirkpatrick Hill
Skeleton Man by Joseph Bruchac
Sweetgrass by Jan Hudson
Jim & Me: a Baseball Card Adventure by Dan Gutman