- Books and More
- Teen Zone
- Teen Programming
- Teen Summer Reading Club
- Award Lists
- Homework Help
- Health and Well-being
- Reading Rants
- Volunteer Portal
- About MRRL
Public Service Policies
The Missouri River Regional Library Board of Trustees strives to maintain safe and secure facilities for public library service. The Library Board and staff have the right and responsibility to protect the safety of all library patrons and to maintain order on library property, which includes setting rules of behavior and regulations for the use of library buildings. These rules do not replace or preclude the use of good judgment on the part of library staff in specific situations.
1. Noise levels will be kept to a minimum within the library.
2. The library and its grounds, are a smoke-, tobacco- and drug-free environment.
3. For safety and hygiene reasons, shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
4. Skateboarding, rollerblading and roller-skating are not allowed on library property.
5. Threatening, illegal, harassing or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated on library premises.
6. Certified service animals are welcome, however no other animals are allowed in library buildings unless as a part of a library-sponsored event.
7. Weapons as defined in RSMo 571.010 are not allowed on property leased or owned by the library, except by on-duty law enforcement officials. Concealed firearms are prohibited on all property leased or owned by the library.
8. Solicitation of funds and sales of goods by the general public are not allowed on library property unless on behalf of the Library, or on behalf of its affiliate Friends groups or Foundation.
9. Food and drink are not allowed in the library, except for specially designated areas and events.
10. Theft of material will result in loss of library privileges.
Prohibited Behaviors include:
1. Indecent conduct or exposure of one’s person.
2. Harassment of or any intentional annoyance of any patron or staff member.
3. Sexual harassment of anyone on library premises.
4. Lingering without library intent in the Children’s Department.
5. Making inquires of an unduly personal nature of Library users or staff
6. Using abusive or foul language.
7. Being present in non-public areas of the Library without permission.
8. Public intoxication.
9. Lack of personal hygiene to such an extent that it interferes with library use by others.
10. Disobeying the reasonable direction of a library staff member.
11. Cell phone use in undesignated areas.
A patron(s) who breaks the above regulations may be approached by a library employee and asked to stop the behavior; if they refuse to cooperate they will be asked to leave the library. If the patron refuses to leave, law enforcement will be notified.
Repeated incidents of prohibited behavior or single incidents of illegal behavior may result in permanent banishment from library property. In such cases, the library director will notify the patron immediately or in writing, and will notify local authorities.
The Library has an obligation to provide a smoke-free environment for employees and patrons.
Approved July 20, 2010
Smoking is prohibited on library property.