Stolen Children by Peg Kehret
Amy learned a lot in her babysitting course, but not what to do if two thugs show up, intent on kidnapping. Armed with misinformation and a weapon, the men take Amy and little Kendra to a remote cabin in the woods. There they make videos of the girls and mail them to Kendra?s wealthy parents in an effort to get ransom money. After several of her escape attempts fail, Amy is forced to make one last, desperate move. Award winner Peg Kehret crafts a suspenseful thriller with a spunky heroine who uses her wits to save herself and the toddler.
- Mrs. Nordlund hires Amy without having met her first. Would you babysit for someone you didn’t know?
- Why do you think the author had Amy’s father die?
- When Amy woke up and realized Kendra was gone, she went looking for her and tried to stop the men from taking her. Do you think she should have hidden instead?
- What would you have done if you were Amy when they stopped at the Saddle Stop Country Store?
- Should Amy have tried to escape without Kendra?
- Do you think the nanny is partly responsible and should be charged with a crime?
- There were several people who could have helped Amy and Kendra but never reported what they saw or knew? Why? Do you think they could have made a difference?
- Why did Hugh go along with Smokey’s plans?
- How many days are Amy and Kendra held captive?
- When Amy and Kendra return home, Mrs. Nordlund offers the nanny job to Amy. Would you take it?